Two-bedroom apartment with private garden in Laroque des Albères - up to 4 guests
This is a comfortable appartment, with its own garden, in the attractive, medieval village of Laroque des Albères. It is located in a pleasant road, only six minutes walk from the village centre with its shops and restaurants.
It features a well-furnished lounge/dining room, with access to a side-patio, a fully-equipped kitchen, two good-sized bedrooms and a shower-room with a separate toilet and hand basin. Outside there is a secluded, well-established, garden with a 4m square patio. There is also off-road parking available.
The apartment is very comfortably furnished for a family holiday:
- The kitchen is equipped with washing machine, oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher and fridge/freezer
- The lounge has French terrestrial TV, free-to-air Sky TV, a DVD player, CD player and FM radio and shared WiFi ADSL access.
- The master bedroom has a double bed, a chest of drawers and a double fitted wardrobe plus room for a cot or child's bed
- The second bedroom has two single beds, a chest of drawers and a large fitted wardrobe and also has room for a cot or child's bed.
- The apartment is equipped with a spacious shower-room and a separate toilet
- Bed linen plus bath and hand towels are provided, but pool and beach towels are not
- We also have available a high chair, baby bath, baby walker, travel cot with bedding, car booster seat and some baby/toddler toys.
Laroque des Albères is situated 10km from Argelès Plage and is in the foothills of the Pyrénées. The apartment is just six minutes walk from the village centre, where there are shops (including a small supermarket, a baker, a butcher and a pharmacy), bars and restaurants. There is a good Carrefour Market supermarket within five minutes drive of the apartment.
The immediate area provides excellent walking and cycling, especially in the Albères mountains above the village, where there are mountain rock pools and waterfalls. Within 10 km there are superb beaches at Le Racou and Argelès Plage. There are also excellent family-friendly beaches north of Argelès. Going south, towards Spain, you are spoilt for choice of varied beaches, including shingle or sand or secluded rocky coves. If horse or pony riding is your thing, there are a number of stables in the area which organise hacks into the surrounding countryside. We are also well served by guides who will take you on 1 to 8 day walking tours of the region. If your interest is golf, then the renowned St Cyprien course is only a 15km drive, and there are also three courses accessible in Catalunya, just across the French/Spanish border.
There is a great deal of choice of airport in order to get to Laroque:
- Perpignan airport (Ryanair and Flybe) is about 45 minutes drive
- Girona airport (Ryanair) is a 1 hour drive
- Barcelona airport (Ryanair, EasyJet and BA) is 2-2½ hours drive away
- If the flight costs or availability justify it, Bezier and Carcassonne (Ryanair) and Montpellier (Easyjet) are destination airports that have motorway connections to the village.
- The apartment consists of four rooms:
- The main living area is a lounge/dining-room with two settees, a coffee table and a dining table with seating for up to six.
- The kitchen contains: Washing machine, Dishwasher, Gas hob, Gas oven, Microwave oven, Fridge-freezer, Coffee maker, Toaster, Kettle.
- Also provided are: optional baby cot, optional baby high chair, games for children, board games, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, vacuum cleaner and portable fans.
- Entertainment is provided by: FM Radio and CD player, DVD player, French terrestrial television, Sky free-to-air channels and shared WiFi ADSL access.
- Heating is by gas central heating.
- The master bedroom contains a double bed with bedside tables and lights and a double fitted wardrobe and chest of drawers There is room for a child's bed or a travel cot. The twin bedroom contains two single beds, a bedside table and light, a fitted wardrobe and a chest of drawers. There is room for a travel cot/child's bed.
- Bedding is provided, as are bath & hand towels, sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers. Beach towels are not included, but can be hired.
- The property has a well-fitted shower room with a separate toilet and hand basin.
- Facilities provided outside the apartment:
- It is set in its own 30ft x 15ft secluded gardens surrounded with shrubs. There are two sun loungers and one sun shade. The four metre square patio is shaded by a wooden pergola and there is a separate, smaller patio off the lounge. There is off-road parking for one car and the apartment and garden has its own separate entrance.
- Other points:
- Pets not accepted
- The house is non-smoking
- The owner lives in the first-floor apartment
- Own transport is desirable
- Property location:
- Altitude 200 m / 570 ft.
- Sea, beaches, Côte Vermeille : 10 km.
- Shops, Restaurants : 5 minutes walk
- Village centre : 5 minutes walk
- Main Supermarket : 2 km
- Airports : Perpignan 25 Km; Girona 80 Km; Carcassone 80 Km; Barcelona 160 Km
Email: Telephone: 0033 468 87 17 35
Please note that the above email link may not work if you are behind a Company firewall and will not work if you only have a web-based email facility, such as Googlemail or Hotmail.
If that is the case, just give us a call.